Friday, November 4, 2011

Thanks Sir Points-Out-The-Obvious-A-Lot!

I have to laugh at how much people get offended when you point out the obvious.  Today, a customer came downstairs, his shirt clearly inside out.  It was an American Eagle thermal shirt.  The type where the tag is printed on the back inside of the shirt.  Well, this gentleman's shirt had the tag clearly on the back outside of the shirt, the hemming was raised on the shirt instead of smooth, and the eagle was showing from the back and it was on the right hand side of the shirt instead of the left.  Captain obvious to me since I bought my husband several of those shirts last Christmas.  I pointed it out to my coworker, who instantly disagreed with my claim stating that it was how the shirt was made.  When he came closer to the desk, you could tell the details of the shirt did not match the way it should look.  My coworker clearly was examining the shirt as the gentleman paid for his water.  It was definitely inside out.  He had the size written on the back of the shirt for goodness sakes!  I waited until he walked away and turned to my coworked to say "See!  It is inside out!" only to have my coworker say, "See! It is just how the shirt is made!  Didn't you see the raised stitching and stuff?"  I couldn't take it anymore.  "*Insert coworker's name*, it is clearly inside out.  The size of the shirt was on the back for everyone to see, the eagle was inside out, and on the wrong side!  Plus, I know how the shirts are suppose to look since I bought my husband some before."
She didn't even answer and walked away from me.  You have got to be kidding me!  She was so upset that I was proving my point that she just didn't care to listen to me or acknowledge that I was right.  Of course, my other coworker who was standing there with my other coworker would side with the other.  They were all buddy-buddy.  Neither of them said a word to me as they walked away from the desk.  Drama queens!
(This is the same coworker/supervisor that tells me not to gossip and as I am writing this *before I posted it* she is over there gabbing to her friend about what I did.  Double standards much???)

No comments:

Post a Comment