Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An 8 Day Work Week

I have been waking up with my alarm every morning thinking to myself about how much I would prefer to not go to my job.  It's not that it is a terrible job, but I am beyond bored, I am not interested in any of it, and I often work alone.  Do you know how boring an 8 hour shift gets when you have nothing to entertain you, no one to help time pass, and no one to keep you distracted from the suckiness of the day.  I have no creative outlet at my job.  Everything is standard procedure with no flare or excitement.  Not to mention all of the weird new rules that they have been coming up with lately to make my job more like I am working in a confined prison.  Plus management who constantly say they want you to do one thing, but then complain when you don't do something that contradicts the first order.  (ie- always man the desk.  Clear dishes in the breakfast area *even if you are the only one on the desk*)
If life wasn't so expensive, I would be quitting without a thought or care.  As of right now, I can't leave this job unless I have a new job with equal or higher pay doing something I actually want to do.  Finding that kind of job has proven to be difficult.  I am waiting to hear on a couple options, but nothing that has been set in stone yet.  I am kinda looking to have a new job at the beginning of 2012, but, with this economy, it doesn't seem like something that will happen.
So... if I could... "I QUIT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment