Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reality Continues to Ruin my Life

I am really starting to realize how corrupt many places are.  The gym I had recently joined with my husband had gypped us out of one of our personal training sessions as well as one of the services they promised to provide.  When we addressed the issue, they treated us like 5 year olds and proceeded to tell us about how we must not have understood the membership.  The person we spoke to proceeded to tell us how our membership was going to be an investment and how things would start to show progress.  Then the man had the nerve to turn to my husband and say he has clearly thinned in his face and he has toned.  My husband was offended, but no more than I could be!  How dare he say that to my husband and make it seem like I have made no progress.  My husband decided right then that we did not want to keep our membership.  When we told the person we were working with he insisted we try to get back into the gym.  My husband said no and the man said he would see what he could do...

Apparently that was nothing!  He called my husband today to tell him that the manager said there was nothing they could do for us.  Jeremy explained that financially we can't afford it right now and he still maintained his point.  I wasn't going to take that.  I called the gym and demanded to speak with the regional manager for the properties.  I was transferred to the lead manager at the property and told them that we literally could not afford the membership and wanted out.  They said they would call me in 15 minutes.... 40 minutes later I called them back.  He said in order to cancel we would need to pay a fee.  So I asked my husband and he said yes and I told them I would be in Thursday to cancel our membership.  I guarantee we will get all sorts of crap for it, but I don't care.  I will find ways to work out elsewhere.  My husband hated going to the gym and I felt like I was lied to continuously by the staff at this gym.  I plan to start saving my money to purchase an arc trainer for at home.  Stupid loser gym.  I hate them all. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment